Application Deadline: Wednesday 15th March 2017.
Moremi Initiative for Women’s Leadership in Africa (Moremi Initiative) hereby announces its annual call for applications for the 2017 MILEAD [Moremi Initiative Leadership Empowerment and Development] Fellows Program– to identify Africa’s most outstanding emerging women leaders.
The MILEAD Fellows Program is a long-term leadership development program designed to identify, develop and promote emerging young African female leaders to attain and thrive in leadership in their communities and Africa as a whole. The program targets dynamic young women interested in developing transformational leadership skills that help them address issues facing women and girls across communities in Africa. The MILEAD Program equips Fellows with the world class knowledge, skills, values and networks they need to succeed as 21st century women leaders.
- Applications are invited from young African women between 19 – 25 years of age, living in Africa and the Diaspora.
- The MILEAD Fellowship will be awarded to 25 outstanding young women who have exhibited leadership potential in their community, organization, and/or profession.
- To be eligible for the program, an applicant must be African, living on the continent or in the Diaspora; agree to participate in all required activities related to MILEAD – beginning with a three-week residential Summer Institute in Ghana; and commit to a community change project.
- Specific requirements of the program and related dates are outlined in the application package. Please review program and application guidelines carefully, before completing your application.
Please note that this one year program is not a full-time fellowship. Selected candidates may remain full time students or work full time for the program duration, except during the 3–week summer institute. The 3-week summer institute is an intensive and full-time residential program and all fellows will be required to attend. The rest of the program involves community-based, online and other distance activities.
How to Apply:
- Applications are available online at www.moremiinitiative.org or by request via email. Download the full 2017 Application Package and Forms below.
- Completed application forms must be submitted along with a CV and two recommendation letters. All applications and supporting documents must be submitted via email.
For More Information: