Application Deadline: January 15, 2018.
The International Peace Research Association Foundation invites applications for the 2018/2019 Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship in Peace and Development Studies for Women from countries in the Global South. Dorothy Senesh was a long-time activist for international peace and justice. Her husband Lawrence established this fellowship following her death in 1989. The first award was made at the IPRA 25th Anniversary meeting, July 1990, in Groningen, Netherlands and has been made biennially ever since.
Every other year (beginning in 1990) two women receive school expenses in the amount of $5,000 per year for two years.
- The Dorothy Senesh Fellowship is available to women from countries in the Global South who have completed a Bachelor’s degree, who have been accepted into a graduate program and whose graduate work is to be focused on issues related to the goals of IPRA (see below).
- Funds will only be dispersed when the selected candidate is admitted into a graduate program.
- Awards are considered based on need; therefore students with substantial funding sources are less likely to be considered for the award.
This fellowship is not for research purposes and proposals. Do not apply if you are male, if you are an undergraduate, or if you are not from a country in the Global South.
Applications are due by January 15, 2018.
Announcement of the Award will be made by March 1, 2018.
The link to the English or Spanish Application form can be found below. Please write in English or in Spanish.
SENESH FELLOWSHIP REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
1) Application (English or Spanish)
2) Letter of Acceptance to your graduate program (may be pdf)
3) 3 Letters of Recommendation (recommenders must email letters directly to Ms. Crystal N. Money)
EMAIL ONE COPY OF THE APPLICATION FORM to Program Administrative Assistant Ms. Crystal N. Money at:
If the email link does not work on your computer, please use this email address: seneshfellowship(at)iprafoundation(dot)org. Replace the (at) with the “@” symbol and the (dot) with “.”
WE DO NOT ACCEPT OR RESPOND TO PHONE CALLS
Questions? Email Ms. Crystal N. Money at Senesh Fellowship Email Address
For More Information: