Application Deadline: January 8th 2019
Applications are now open for the 2019-2020 IIEP-UNESCO training programmes.
The upcoming training sessions feature three key programmes in educational planning and management. Blending theory and practical elements, we offer both online learning and residential training at our headquarters in Paris, France. Programmes vary in length from our two-week specialized courses to the Master’s level equivalent Advanced Training Programme (ATP), which takes one year to complete, including six month’s residential training in Paris.
Designed to bolster the individual capacities of educational planners and managers, our programmes contribute to the institutional capacity that ministries of education require to carry out education sector analyses and plans that reflect both national priorities and their commitments to Sustainable Development Goal 4.
All of the programmes described below are offered in English and French with simultaneous translation during the face-to-face courses. Participants can also pursue our courses in a modularized way, meaning that they can, for example take the Education Sector Planning course first, and complete the ATP later.
Participants at IIEP come from all parts of the world (however, they must be proficient in either English or French). Here are some of the professional backgrounds of previous participants:
Educational planners and managers involved in policy formulation and implementation;
Other officials from education ministries;
Professionals from other governmental bodies in charge of education matters;
Education specialists who wish to strengthen their knowledge and expertise in specific areas;
Education officers involved in analysis, design, planning, implementation, and evaluation of education policies and programmes at different levels of government;
Technical officers specialized in research, planning, statistics, management, human resources, assessment, curriculum, and teacher professional development;
Professionals developing or managing educational programmes and projects in other types of organizations, including development partners and NGOs;
Holders of a first degree, or equivalent qualification.
Interested applicants must apply online. For a complete application, applicants must upload the following documents:
- The Authorization of Participation form, duly completed and signed/stamped by your employer and, if possible, your UNESCO
- National Commission representative. (You can download the form from the ‘Practical Information’ section of the application form.)
- A scanned copy of the name and date page of your passport.
- An Organizational chart of your Ministry or organization (please indicate exactly where you fit within the structure with an X or other mark).
- Scanned copies of diplomas, degrees, and other relevant training certificates.
- A language proficiency certificate, if your first language is neither English nor French.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2019-2020 IIEP-UNESCO training programmes