GlaxoSmithKlinemission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
- Requisition ID: WD192458
- Position: Full time
- Functional area: Finance
- Required degrees: Bachelors
- Relocation: No
Supports the Finance team with general finance responsibilities as detailed below.
– Serve as Finance Graduate for the South and Souther Africa business, covering 12.
– Responsible for SA and SnA payment process, month-end reporting, assisting with SA and SnA planning activities and all other day to day requirements.
– To ensure quality financial processes, systems and tools are introduced and maintained to support the businesses cross functional teams.
– To provide financial support to the annual forecasting and budgeting processes.
– To provide financial control and monthly analysis of actual results vs budgets and forecasts.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Payments process
– Prepare payment packs on a monthly basis, with supporting documents, and timeously submit to the Commercial Finance Partner for authorization.
– Pro-actively follow up with distributors, regarding outstanding documents.
– Prepare GL postings which correctly reflect the nature of the transaction for completed payments and timeously submit to the Finance Shared Services team.
– Prepare remittance advices for all payments made to distributors.
– Maintain filing of relevant documents.
– Set-up process for the monthly reconciliation of creditor balances and perform monthly distributor reconciliations.
2. Month-end reporting
– Preparation of monthly Aspen journals including sales recon.
– Preparation of monthly headcount report.
– Preparation of the Advertising & Promotion (A&P) expense tracker and the Opex tracker on a monthly basis
– Submission of HCP reporting on a quarterly basis.
– Assist with commentary for the monthly analysis of Opex.
– Assist with IPT responsibilities.
3. Forecasting and budgeting process
– Assist the SA Finance business partner with the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting of headcount, capex and depreciation of new capex.
– Ensure that there are SOPs / Knowledge Documents to support the systems and processes.
– Completion and acknowledgement of relevant SOP’s and e-learning
– Perform L1 and L2 testing as required by the annual testing plan requirements and compile reports which document the procedure and outcomes of testing performed.
– Maintain selling prices in JDE
– Prepare and participate in adhoc analysis and projects as required.
– Ensure adequate systems and processes are in place.
– Support commercial projects from Emerging Markets perspective.
– Develop an in-depth knowledge of the local business, the industry and competitors in the industry.
– Develop an established network within the commercial teams and greater organisation.
– Provide information and assist with internal and external audits.
– Assist Commercial Finance partner in managing risks noted on the Risk register.
– Live the GSK values of integrity, transparency, customer first and respect.
– Minimum Bcom (Accounting) , Preferably completing CIMA qualification
– Extensive experience in MS Office (Good working knowledge of Excel)
-Ability to work in a fast paced environment and deliver timeously on deadlines
-Ability to grasp concepts quickly and take ownership for own learning
– Display initiative by proactively seeking solutions to challenges
– Must be able to work overtime as and when required
-Good written and spoken English
-Portuguese and French beneficial (not required)
-Understanding of Financial and Management Accounting concepts
-Knowledge of foreign currency payments
-Knowledge of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards)
The role complexity is medium.
The role requires a person to be able to think and problem solve independently requesting guidance from their manager when required.
The incumbent will be responsible for preparing payment requisitions in line with the internal process for the various markets as well as providing assistance with month-end reporting and planning responsibilities. The graduate will be required to contribute to compliance testing and requirements.
Annual Strategic Planning:
Responsible for assisting with portions of the planning process within the company with the other business partners and commercial business.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the GSK Finance Graduate Programme 2018