Application Deadline: February 21st 2020
South African Women’s Rights organisations are invited to apply for funding under the Government of Canada Women Voice and Leadership-South Africa Fund (WVL SA). The initiative arises from Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy (FIAP) addressing six main elements: i) promoting gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls; ii) human dignity; iii) growth that works for everyone; iv) environment and climate action; v) inclusive governance; vi) peace and security.
The WVL-SA Fund offers three types of Grants. Please download the Word documents and fill them in first. You will find these under each Call.
- Multi Year Core Funding – four year grants of R500,000 – R1 million reviewed annually for organisations in Gauteng, Limpopo, Western Cape and KwaZulu-Natal with an annual income of less than R 1 million.
- Networking and Alliance Building – four year grants of R500,000 – R1.3 million reviewed annually for organisations anywhere in South Africa that build networks and alliances.
- Rapid Response Grants of three months to one year of R20,000 to R50,000 for an urgent, catalytic need.
- For each grant, you must first fill out the eligibility form to see if you are eligible for the grant. You can find this under each grant call.
- If you are eligible, you will receive a link for the Concept Note for the Multi Year Core (MY Core) Funding, and the Networking and Alliance Building. In the case of the Rapid Response you will receive a link for the Full Application, as this is a one stage process.
- We strongly recommend that you download the WORD versions of Concept Notes and Full Applications and complete these offline first, and then simply copy across to the Online Platform once completed.
- If you are successful at concept note stage for the MY Core and Networking and Alliance Building, you will receive a link for the full application.
- All grants are subject to due diligence before the award is made.
|Call||Concept note||Response||Full application||Notification|
|MY Core||21 Jan||21 Feb||9 March||30 March||15 April|
|Networking||21 Jan||21 Feb||9 March||30 March||15 April|
|Rapid Response||21 Jan||21 Feb||9 March|
Frequently asked questions
Please read through these questions and responses to familiarise yourself with the process.
All applications must be filled in online. Nomthandazo Mokoa on email [email protected] or Chido Machakanja Senior Finance Officer – Grants, [email protected] or phone 082 560 0066 or 011 029 0006 are available to support you virtually.
For More Information: