Application Deadline: September 15th, 2021
The United Nations Correspondents Association (UNCA) invites media worldwide to submit entries for its 25th anniversary of the UNCA Awards for best print, broadcast (TV & Radio) and online, web-based media coverage of COVID-19, climate change and the United Nations, UN agencies and field operations.
While the UNCA Awards 25th anniversary was put on hold in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic, this year the UN Correspondents Association will return to honoring excellence in journalism around the globe. At a time when working conditions of news reporters deteriorated, amid job losses, pay cuts, and attacks on media freedom, it is important to recognize their outstanding work especially when access to information and quality journalism is so crucial.
The UNCA awards are open to all journalists anywhere in the world
The Awards are:
1. The Elizabeth Neuffer Memorial Prize for coverage of the COVID-19 pandemic, sponsored by the Alexander Bodini Foundation. The prize is for print (including online media) and broadcast media (TV & Radio).
2. The Prince Albert II of Monaco and UNCA Global Prize for Coverage of Climate Change. The prize is for print (including online media) and broadcast media (TV & Radio).
3. The Ricardo Ortega Memorial Prize
for coverage of the United Nations, UN agencies and field operations, sponsored by the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations. The prize is for print (including online media) and broadcast media (TV & Radio)
- Work in print, broadcast (TV & Radio), and online coverage must be published between September 2019 and August 2021.
- The judges will look for entries with impact, insight, and originality, and will consider the courage and investigative and reporting skills of the journalists. Entries from the developing world media are particularly welcome.
- Entries can be submitted in any of the official UN languages (English, French, Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, and Russian), however a written transcript in English or French is necessary to facilitate the judging process.
- Each candidate can submit to no more than two (2) prize categories, with a maximum of two (2) stories in each. Joint entries are accepted.
- Electronic files and web links uploaded to the online Entry Form are required.
How To Submit Your Entry:
Entries are submitted online by completing the UNCA Awards Entry Form.
On the first page, please complete your personal information and upload your photo. The following page is where you will submit your work electronically by uploading web links and/or files directly to the Entry Form.
Electronic entries are mandatory
All entries must be received by September 15th, 2021
For Questions regarding UNCA Awards & entries please contact:
The UNCA Office: 1-212-963-7137
Or send an email to: [email protected]
For More Information: