Application Deadline: 31 December 2021.
SAINTS is inviting academically outstanding students to apply for full–cost Masters and Doctoral scholarships (in fields of Science and Engineering) to do their research full-time in one of the following fields:
• basic nuclear physics (study of nuclear reactions, shapes and more),
• applied nuclear physics (study of radiation effects on matter, environmental
radiation, accelerator mass spectrometry and more),
• materials science (materials characterization),
• nanoscience (new materials development),
• radiobiology (studying effects of radiation on the body),
• radiochemistry (development of novel radioisotopes for use in nuclear medicine and more), and
• advanced control systems for accelerator components and detector instrumentation (Engineering, Computer science).
• an above-average academic record, especially for the degree before the one planned to be pursued in 2022,
• must be a South African citizen,
• must register at a South African University for full-time studies from 2022, and
• must be supervised/co-supervised by a staff member at iThemba LABS for studies commencing in 2022.
E-mail the following documents in one PDF file
• your up-to-date CV;
• copy of your full academic record;
• copies of all your degree/diploma certificates to date;
• letter in which you indicate your selected research project, your motivation for selecting this project, your choice of institution to register for your studies, and your career goals;
• copy of your ID document;
• two letters of support (one from your current or most recent lecturer/supervisor) ; and the following as separate PDF file attachments:
• copies of any research publications/reports you have authored or co-authored, and
• copies of your dissertation (MSc) or mini-dissertation (BSc (Hons) / BSc (Eng)). to [email protected] by no later than 31 December 2021
For More Information: