Application Deadline: 15 January 2023
The Sound Connects Fund (SCF) is a multifaceted initiative that aims to accelerate development and increase the capacity of the cultural and creative sectors in Southern Africa by offering financial support in the form of different sized grants and comprehensive capacity-building programmes to eligible creative and cultural industry organisations based in Angola, Botswana, eSwatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe; and operating in the performing arts, animation, film, gaming, photography, videography and visual arts sectors.
The fund seeks to support projects and activities in the cultural and creative sector that:
- Facilitate the rapid production and distribution of high-quality goods within and outside the Southern African region.
- Increase capacities among professionals.
- Support rapid mobility and exchange among creators.
- Enhance access to new markets.
- Develop visual literacy (especially among underrepresented groups).
- Promote advocacy aimed at protecting the interests of creators.
- Support the existence of sustainable financing structures.
Angola, Botswana, eSwatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe
The fund supports projects across a wide range of disciplines including, but not limited to, performing arts, visual arts, animation, film, gaming, photography and videography.
Applications to the Sound Connects Fund can made in both English and Portuguese from organisations based in the eligible countries. The English and Portuguese application forms can be downloaded from the Sound Connects Fund website.
How to apply
Interested organisations are urged to visit the Sound Connects Fund website for more information about the fund and the application process.
For More Information: