Application Deadline: December 16, 2022
The Community College Initiative Program (CCI) provides scholarships to spend up to one academic year at a United States community college. Participants build technical skills and may earn certificates in their fields of study. Through professional internships, service learning, and community engagement activities, participants strengthen English language proficiency and immerse themselves in the culture and day-to-day life in the United States.
Participants study in one of the following eligible fields: agriculture, applied engineering, business management and administration, early childhood education, information technology, media, public safety, and tourism and hospitality management.
CCI Program participants are recruited from historically underrepresented and underserved communities. After completing the program, participants return home with new skills and expertise to help them contribute to the economic growth and development of their country.
All applicants must:
- Be able to begin the academic exchange program in the United States in July 2022
- Be 18 years old at the start of the program
- Have a diploma from a secondary school
- Possess a basic knowledge of English
- Desire to build professional and leadership skills to contribute to the development of their home communities
- Be able to begin the academic exchange program in the United States in July 2020
- Meet country-specific requirements
Financial Provisions of the Grant
• J-1 visa support.
• Round-trip travel from participant’s home city to host institution in the United States.
• Tuition and mandatory college fees.
• Housing and meals.
• Small allowance for books, materials, and incidental expenses.
• Limited Accident and Sickness coverage that is J-visa compliant.
• A variety of personal and professional development activities.
For More Information: