Application Deadline: 31 December 2023.
Munich Reinsurance Company of Africa Limited (MRoA) has been operating in South Africa for over 50 years, although the Munich Re (Group) was active on the Continent via Munich Re in Munich for some years prior to commencing the Southern African operation in Johannesburg in 1968. The Head Office of MRoA is in Johannesburg, with a client service Life office situated in Cape Town.
- An excellent academic record (Average of 65% and above)
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good Excel skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Work/Life balance
- Great working environment
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Support with Actuarial Exams
- 12 months fixed term contract (with a possible 12-month extension)
As a graduate you woud be expected to:
- Take part in Soft Skills and Technical training
- Implement the Engineering business line strategy, by underwriting new and existing business, in accordance with the MRoA underwriting authority and with support of Treaty Underwriters.
- Assessing, pricing, treaty contracts evaluation, administering and where necessary designing treaty offers in accordance with Munich Re risk appetite, underwriting guidelines, internal processes and authorities with support of Treaty Underwriter
- Cooperating with client management to ensure that optimal service levels to clients are maintained including meeting clients
- Assist in organising and conducting seminars / workshops, for external clients and internal stakeholders
- Participate in team specific tasks and deliverables
- Participate in cross-divisional project teams
- Participate in team and Company Business Projects (where applicable)
This is a 12 month fixed-term contract position and will be based in Johannesburg. The closing date is 31 December 2023. Please note that we communicate by email. Please check your spam folders for communication from us.
For More Information: