Application Deadline: October 30th 2015
PPS bursaries are awarded on financial need and academic record to full time university students in an effort to assist students financially to cover tuition and/or text book costs for one academic year.
The Professional Provident Society of South Africa is the largest multidisciplinary group of graduate professionals in the world with over 290 000 professional members.
- To be eligible for the PPS bursary, the student must be registered at a participating South African University or University of Technology registering for a fourth academic year of study or post-graduate degree and must be studying towards a profession, which on qualification, would be eligible for PPS membership.
- The student must be a citizen or permanent resident of South Africa
- PPS does not award bursaries to students that already have other confirmed sponsors which cover their entire academic expenses, unless the alternative sponsor is a loan and not a bursary.
- The student must have an academic average of at least 60%.
- The application criteria is determined entirely at PPS’ discretion and PPS reserves the right to change the criteria at any time without prior notice to applicants
The following BBBEE Criteria applies to the overall budget allocated to 22 universities in South Africa:
- 80% of the students must be black (AIC)
- 50% of the students must be black female
The PPS Dean bursary only covers tuition and text book costs to the maximum amount of budget as specified by PPS, for one academic year – payable for 1 or more students within a specific faculty at the discretion of the dean.
- Applications open on the 10th of August 2015
- Applications close on the 30th of October 2015
- Successful candidates will be informed by the 30th of November 2015
For More Information: