Application Deadline: January 31st 2016
South Africa’s national public broadcaster, the South Africa Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) is inviting applications for its 2016 internships from unemployed South African graduates with 3-year or 4-year degrees in various fields.
Want to gain workplace exposure in the exciting world of Broadcasting? Then, the SABC Internship programme is for you. This is an exciting opportunity for graduates that have a 3 or 4 year Diploma/Degree qualification from accredited and recognised tertiary institutions in the following disciplines to participate in the internship programme.
This is an exciting opportunity for graduates that have a 3 or 4 year Diploma/Degree qualification from accredited and recognised tertiary institutions in the following disciplines to participate in the internship programe:
- Radio Programming
- Journalism (News)
- News Studio Productions (e.g Video Editing, Cameras)
- News Archives
- SABC Sport
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Learning and Development
- Travel Office
- Compliance, Monitoring and Operations
[table id=11 /]
• Matric certificate
• Successfully completed a 3 or 4 year diploma/degree in the discipline the application is being made
• Be computer literate with MS packages. MS project in certain disciplines will be an advantage.
• Be a South African citizen and under the age of 35
• Not have previously completed an internship
• Have no prior working experience in the field of study
• Have excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written)
• Be prepared to enter into a learning agreement for 10 months commencing on 1 April 2016
• Apply directly to your relevant province
• Please note permanent employment after completion of the programme is not guaranteed. Interested individuals who meet the above criteria and requirements for the relevant internship assignment and who are willing to be part of the exciting and challenging world of broadcasting are invited to forward applications by emailing:
• The completed SABC Internship application form (Together with supporting documents as
required. Incomplete applications will disqualify the application)
• A concise 1 page CV (CV to detail current competencies, experience and skills)
• Certified copies of SA identity, matric certificate, diploma/degree, academic transcripts and other documents as required on the application form).
- PLEASE INDICATE IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE E-MAIL FOR WHICH INTERNSHIP THE APPLICATION IS MADE AND THE SUPPORTING REFERENCE NUMBER WHICH IS INDICATED IN RED NEXT TO THE INTERNSHIP TYPE OF THE ADVERT. IF YOUR APPLICATION DOES NOT SPECIFY THE TYPE OF INTERNSHIP
- YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. INTERNSHIP APPLICATION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE ON THE SABC WEBSITE.
Download Application Guideline
For More Information: