The Adobe Foundation Creativity Scholarships program was developed to support the next generation of creative thinkers and propel the future careers of those who create.
AYV is Adobe’s global Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative focused on teaching youth from underserved communities the power of creative self-expression and global citizenship. The AYV network includes more than 800 sites in 52 countries.
This scholarship is administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE), an independent not-for-profit founded in 1919. IIE is among the world’s largest and most experienced international education and training organizations.
Applications must be submitted by March 31, 2013. The application will be closed at 9:00 am Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8) on April 1, 2013. The application can be accessed at www.adobescholarship.com.
This scholarship is open to students in their final year of high school/upper secondary school or first year of post-secondary education who participated in the Adobe Youth Voices Program through the network of strategic partners.
Applicants must be accepted into or continuing in an accredited post-secondary degree or certificate program in a creative field or in a field through which they will apply creative skills to advance global citizenship and social justice issues.
Applicants must also be in good academic standing with a minimum U.S. GPA equivalent to 3.5 (this website can help you determine your U.S. GPA equivalency).
Duration of Scholarship
Scholarships can be renewed for up to four years pending academic progress.
pplications must be submitted by March 31, 2013. The application will be closed at 9:00 am Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8) on April 1, 2013. The application can be accessed at www.adobescholarship.com.
A complete application will include:
- Completed online application form
- A personal statement of up to 500 words
- A self-completed financial data form
- A financial verification form, to be completed by the Bursar or another appropriate school official at the post-secondary institution where you expect to study
- Three reference letters. One letter must come from an Adobe Youth Voices partner educator/advisor. The other two letters can come from any non-family member who knows you well.
- High school transcript (official copy)
- University transcript, if applicable (official copy)
- Resume (maximum of two pages)
- Portfolio from Adobe Youth Voices program or other work (maximum file size 1GB)
- Certification form
Only applications completed by the deadline will be reviewed. Falsifying or plagiarizing any portion of your application is grounds for automatic disqualification.
Selection of Scholarship Recipients
Scholarship applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Achievement and potential in creative fields
- Demonstrated leadership potential and ability
- Personal character, commitment and potential to advance global citizenship and social justice issues
- Clearly expressed financial need to support educational goals
- Academic achievement
- Career and academic goals in line with state scholarship project objectives
- Compelling professional/academic/AYV references
For More Information
Questions regarding the scholarship program should be addressed to:
Ms. Stacey Chapple
Adobe Foundation Creativity Scholarships Program
Institute of International Education
530 Bush Street, Suite 1000
San Francisco, CA 94108 U.S.A.
Telephone: Int’l + (1) 415-362-6520 ext. 273
U.S.A. Fax: Int’l + (1) 415 392-4667
Email: [email protected]