Application Deadline: March 20th 2015
When: April 1st – 24th 2015
As West Africa continues to mature in the industry, it is felt that more of an emphasis needs to take place in reaching maximum potential. Though ICT awareness and basic capacity building training exist across the sub-region, the global economy still requires developing countries to keep pace with the changing and advancing nature of ICT especially in fields that can develop and protect content.
The growing sector demands for advance skilled ICT professionals as there still lays a vacuum of advanced training and capacity building of the ICT sector in the region with a strong focus on a local West African context. In response, 100 young ICT professionals from West Africa have an opportunity to advance their theoretical and practical knowledge in ICT during an Advanced ICT Training (AICTT) Camp, hosted in The Gambia.
The aim of the Camp is to bridge the digital divide through capacity building in the ECOWAS region. Though ICT awareness and basic capacity building training exist across the Sub-region, the global economy still requires developing countries to keep pace with the changing and advancing nature of ICT especially in fields that can develop and protect content.
A scholarship program will allow 50 successful applicants to enjoy complimentary training and camp activities, feeding, flight transport to The Gambia (except Gambian scholarship awardees), accommodation (except Gambian scholarship awardees), and ground transportation to and from the training center each day.
All scholarship applicants should provide the following in order to apply:
1. Must be a citizen of Nigeria, Ghana or The Gambia
2. Female ICT professionals will be highly considered
3. All applicants must have
– A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an IT or ICT related field
– At least two years of work experience in an ICT position/field
– If not applicable, the participant should provide a diploma or advanced certificate in IT or ICT training, proof of at least two years of work experience in an ICT position/field (e.g.
letter of recommendation)
4. Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English
5. Must be between the ages of 23 to 35
6. Must have a laptop that will be brought along when travelling to The Gambia
7. Must provide an updated CV/Resume
8. Must provide proof of employment / self-employment
9. Must provide at least one letter of recommendation from at least two institutions on current CV/Resume
10. Must provide an application/motivational letter describe why they are a good candidate for AICTT Camp 2015
11. Must have a valid passport
12. Must have a valid Yellow Book
13. Must highlight any personal health issues or indications
All scholarship participants must note that they will be financially responsible for all additional expenses pertaining to feeding, basic necessities, personal items, transportation and entrance to personal places of interest, etc. for the entire four weeks.
Selected scholarship participants will be informed on 20th March 2015.
For More Information: