Application Deadline:12 OCTOBER 2015
In the framework of the 2015 edition of the Africa Finance & Investment Forum and to
encourage sustainable development, economic growth,innovation and entrepreneurship in
Africa, EMRC will present the ” AFIF Entrepreneurship Award 2015“, providing an African existing small-medium business with a financial contribution and exposure/visibility for a project.
The Africa Finance & Investment Forum (AFIF) is an annual business platform initiated in the framework of EMRC international activities, aimed at strengthening Africa’s private sector and attracting investment to the Continent. Initiated over a dozen years ago in Brussels, AFIF has been held in Europe: Cologne, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Geneva, Lisbon and Paris.
EMRC will bring for the first time the annual finance & investment event to Africa’s financial hub, South Africa. AFIF 2015 will take place in Cape Town from 24th to 26th November 2015 and will be preceded by a one day Training/ Workshop on Entrepreneurship.
Applications are limited to existing small-medium businesses based in Africa;
- SMEs with an annual turnover of up to 15 million€
- Business owners must come from and be based in Africa ( there are no gender or age requirements)
- The contest is open to all sectors of economic activity;
- The contest is not open to greenfield business– the project must have been ongoing for at least two (2) years– and the summary financial statements of the last two years must be provided (application form).
Selection Criteria –a Selection Committee will evaluate:
- Potential for growth
- Financial sustainability
- Impact on job creation
- Social and economic impact
- Impact on the environment
- Experience of the managers
- Project presentation (at AFIF 2015)
The AFIF 2015 winner will receive:
- A US$5.000,00 award
- Yearlong media promotion, both in and out of Africa, with the support of EMRC.
- Finalists will get the following benefits:
o The opportunity to present their projects during the AFIF 2015 to a wide audience of
potential African and international partners and investors.
o Travel expenses (flight and hotel), up to US$ 1.000 covered by EMRC-to be
reimbursed by EMRC upon presentation of invoices:
copy of flight ticket plus invoice of the hotel.
o Free attendance to the AFIF 2015 with the full conference package (value of 1.750€):
- 1 day Pre-conference Workshop on Entrepreneurship
- 3 days Business Forum including Plenary and Parallel Sessions.
- Access to pre-arranged B2B meetings (2 afternoons).
- EMRC set of conference materials.
- Half Page Company Profile in AFIF2015 Catalogue.
- Access to the Forum Catalogue with participant & speaker details.
- Welcome Cocktail; Gala Dinner; Lunches & coffee breaks.
- EMRC consular (VISA) assistance for the Forum.
- Media coverage before and during the AFIF 2015 event.
The award winner will receive a US$ 5.000,00 cash prize, year long media promotion support in and out of Africa, free participation in the AFIF 2015 , including the Training Conference, and travel expenses to the AFIF 2015 covered by EMRC.
Application Process and Selection Process:
- Candidates are invited to submit application documents, with their complete contact details to: SR@emrc.be no later than the October 12, 2015
- Applications that are sent after this date or that are not duly filled-in will not be considered;
- The Selection Committee will solely analyze those submissions that fulfil the Project Profile requirements specified above;
- A group of three finalists will be selected by the Committee to present their project during the AFIF 2015;
- EMRC will immediately notify finalist candidates and will announce the selection on its website, news mailing, and social media.
- Finalists will present their projects on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 during the AFIF 2015.
- The Selection Committee will elect the winner based on the Selection Criteria set forth above.
- The cash prize is intended for use at the winner’s business project for its further development.
- Candidates agree to provide information to EMRC in a simple format to be provided twice a year.
For More Information: