Application Deadline: September 23, 2019
Every year, Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) will fund five scholarships for outstanding individuals from West Africa to pursue the Master of Public Policy degree at the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford.
AIG Scholars will be expected, upon graduation, to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country’s public sector.
The AIG Scholarships are targeted at graduates between the ages of 25 and 35 with strong intellectual capability, outstanding academic achievements, leadership skills and a passion to contribute to the development of Africa’s public sector.
To be eligible for consideration for the award of an AIG Scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- Be between the ages of 25 and 35 years (must not be 36 years old by December 31, 2019)
- Have a first-class or second-class upper undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline. For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
- Be preferably top 10% of graduating class (First, Second or Master’s Degree) – evidence to be provided
- Provide evidence of game-changing leadership and resultant impact
- Show skills and interests outside of academics (evidence to be provided)
The AIG Scholarships are fully funded covering fees, accommodation and living expenses, does not cover travel or visa expenses however.
Please note that:
- Academic distinction and leadership potential are key priorities for selection.
- In the case of candidates with second-class upper qualifications, a Master’s, second degree or relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Only applicants shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted and any inquiries regarding individual application status are strictly prohibited.
- Applications sent via post or in person are NOT acceptable.
- Candidates who emerge as finalists in the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) selection process will be expected to apply directly to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, for admissions. Finalists who are offered admission to the Master of Public Policy will be considered by the School in the final selection of AIG Scholars.
For More Information: