Application Deadline: September 5 2014
Africa Lead II’s Agriculture Internship Program aims to facilitate more efficient agricultural production, stronger agribusinesses and agricultural development institutions, a more direct link between NARS and farmers, and greater value addition in the agriculture sector across Africa. The broad goal is to support skills transfer and technological know-how that will help African agribusinesses and organizations to innovate, improve their commercial viability and catalyze agricultural transformation, thus contributing to improved food security.
The Africa Lead II Program welcomes applications from candidates interested in pursuing these young professionals development opportunities. Placement terms will be for a period of 12 months with anticipated postings in ECOWAS member states :Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo and Cape Verde. West
- Monthly stipend, living allowances,
- Round-trip airfare and related travel expenses to worksite will be covered by the program.
- These 12 month young professionals development opportunities are not guarantees for full time employment upon successful completion of the placement.
The following positions are open for applications to support the advancement of African Agricultural Development Regional hosting entities:
- · Entry to Mid -Level Communications Associates
- · Entry to Mid -Level Program Planning Associate
- · Entry to Mid -Level Monitoring & Evaluation Associate
- · Entry to Mid -Level Human Resources Associate
- · National Agricultural Research Systems (NARS) Scientists -Associate Program Fellows
General Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree Minimum , plus 2 years of relevant administrative or technical professional experience; or a Master’s degree preferred with 1 year of relevant administrative or technical professional experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- BS/BA degree required, advance degree preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel and be based within Regional Institution in West Africa during the entire duration of the placement (minimum 1 year assignment)
General Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in West African regional agricultural development A plus
- International Travel and field related experience in urban and rural African settings desirable
- Fluency in both French and English required
- General Application requirements
All candidates must submit the following required documents:
- · Curriculum Vitae
- · 1-Page Cover letter highlighting your ability to contribute your skills towards enhancing capacity of a regional organization involved in Food security. Kindly specify your strengths and weaknesses and ability to adapt to new mutli-cultural environment.
- · 3 References: kindly provide 2 professional references and 1 personal reference
Nationals of ECOWAS countries welcome to apply.
Please send applications to: [email protected] by September 5, 2014 5:00PM GMT
For More Information: