Application Deadline: Friday 14th September 2018.
These scholarships, one MSc and one PhD, will enable students who for financial reasons would otherwise be unable to do so, to attend these highly acclaimed courses.
The MSc and PhD in Palliative Care have made a global impact on the volume of high quality research used to inform clinical care and palliative care policy. The MSc has a total 741 outputs from its alumni so far, which includes research in scientific journals and academic textbooks such as the British Medical Journal and the Oxford Textbook of Palliative Medicine.
The scholarships for these courses will allow students to gain essential qualifications, skills and experience that can be applied to local healthcare settings and to meet palliative care needs in Africa. The Cicely Saunders Institute is committed to working with funders to provide training for health care professionals in under-resourced countries and is pleased to welcome applications from African citizens who currently reside in Africa.
The MSc in Palliative Care is open to doctors, nurses, and health and social care professionals, working with patients with advanced disease, or relevant health or social scientists who have an upper second honours degree or equivalent. To apply for the schorship, you must fulfil all the criteria below:
1. You must have a degree in medicine, nursing or denistry, or a 2.1 degree or equivalent in life sciences or social sciences awarded by a UK or recognised overseas university
2. You must be able to demonstrate experience of working in palliative care or palliative medicine clinical or social care, or palliative care research.
3. You must have an interest in conducting research in Advanced Care Planning and be willing to conduct your research project in this area, which you will be supported in publishing.
How to apply:
Please send the following documents:
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- A letter of support from your current employer.
- Personal statement (maximum 800 words) in support of your application, explaining your reasons for applying, what you hope to gain from the MSc, your ability to complete the programme of study, and your interest in Advanced Care planning
- 2 references
- MSc candidates must also apply online here: https://myapplication.kcl.ac.uk/
(If you do not apply online, your application for the scholarship will be rejected).
Please send these documents by email to:
Tel: +44 207 848 5435
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 14th September 2018.
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview which will take place in October 2018.
For More Information: