Application Deadline: October 1st 2014
The Georg Arnhold Program aims to promote research into education for sustainable peace. Its focus lies particularly on educational media and curricula at the secondary school level in post-conflict or transitional societies, although Western democracies are obviously also called upon to develop new concepts to maintain and to stabilize peace within society.
The program is a response to the rising demand for grassroots approaches, as well as those that are sustainable and regionally-sensitive, to establishing or strengthening cultures of peace and sustainable development – key challenges for present and future generations.
The annual appointment is for three to six months and offers distinguished scholars from the humanities, political and social sciences, education sciences or law the opportunity to conduct research projects or complete work on major publications without teaching or administrative obligations. The visiting professor, however, participates in a one-week international summer school for young scholars and develops the concept for the international Arnhold Symposium to be held at the end of his or her stay. The program’s coordinator at the Georg Eckert Institute will carry out the organization of both events.
The Professorship is endowed with
- A monthly stipend of up to 6,500 euro for a three- to six-month research stay in Braunschweig,
- Round-trip economy airfare to Germany, and
- Administrative support provided by the program coordinator.
Who can apply?
- Distinguished scholars from the humanities, political and social sciences, education sciences or law who hold a Ph. D. and have excellent knowledge of English.
- Individuals with extensive high-level international experience in government or non-governmental organizations or in international organizations.
How to Apply?
- The application must include a cover letter, a description of the research project or book the candidate wishes to work on, a full CV, a writing sample, and the completed application form.
Application deadline: October 1 of each year.
Further information and the application form are available at www.gei.de/en/fellowships/georg-arnhold-professorship-program/program.html