Application Deadline: July 31st 2017
Eligibility for an SKA SA undergraduate or honours bursary
- South African citizens (ONLY).
- Students who wish to study, or are studying, one of the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Mechatronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics / Applied Mathematics AND Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Physics and Electronics
- Bachelor of Science in Astronomy / Astrophysics and Physics
- Bachelor of Computer Science, with co-major in Mathematics / Applied Mathematics
Bachelor of Science Honours- Physics and Electronics / Astrophysics / Astronomy / Computer Science
Bachelor of Science–Honours–NASSP (National Astrophysics and Space Science Programme)
Students who have achieved a minimum of 70% in Mathematics and Physical Science in Grade 12, or a minimum average (grade-point average) of 60% at an undergraduate level
Structure of an SA SKA undergraduate or honours bursary
- The duration of an SKA SA bursary is one year for honours or fourth year students, two years for third year students, three years for second year students and four years for first year students.
- The current level for an SKA SA undergraduate / honours bursary is R121,000 per annum. (Note: the bursary level may be adjusted to take into account changes in university fees and inflation.)
Application for an SKA SA undergraduate / honours bursary
- Application forms can be found online at https://skagrants.nrf.ac.za
- Only one application per student may be submitted.
- Enquiries may be directed to SKA SA: [email protected]
- In completing an application form for a bursary from SKA SA, you accept the conditions listed above.
- No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.
- Successful applicants will be notified by 10 November 2017. If you have not heard from SKA SA by 1 November 2017, please assume that your application was NOT successful.
- SKA SA reserves the right not to accept any application in part or in whole. The decision of SKA SA will be final and no correspondence will be entered into after the decision.
- As a business unit of the National Research Foundation, SKA SA is committed to employment equity and redress.
For More Information: