Application Deadline: Varying
Presenting ICP Connect: a new VLIR-UOS framework for ICPs. This aims to integrate global perspectives in a systematic way and strengthen partner countries and network dimensions into existing Master’s programmes.
ICP Connect study programmes are accredited international study programmes organised at one or more Flemish universities. The programmes focus on subjects aligned with the Agenda 2030 and SDG principles. VLIR-UOS supports a selection of 15 ICPs and provides an annual intake of 10 new first-year scholarships for each ICP.
VLIR-UOS promotes diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, disability, sexual orientation, cultural, religious or socio-economic backgrounds, feel encouraged to apply.
VLIR-UOS respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences by creating conducive, inclusive environments for students, staff and alumni to act as critical global citizens.
Candidates that meet the following criteria may apply for an ICP Connect scholarship:
- Nationality and country of residence: Candidates’ must be nationals of one of the 29 eligible countries and must be a resident of one of these countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application.
- Age: candidates’ age on January 1 of the year of intake must be no higher than 35 for an initial master and 45 for an advanced master.
- Professional background and experience: Preference will be given to candidates employed in higher education, government or civil society, or those targeting a career in one of these sectors. Candidates employed in the private sector or newly graduated candidates with no work experience may also be considered if they provide a strong motivation and profile.
- Scholarship applications: Candidates may apply for only one ICP Connect scholarship application per year.
- Previously awarded scholarships: Candidates may not have previously received a scholarship from the Belgian government to attend a study programme and may not have enrolled in a study programme at a Belgian higher education institution before January 1 of the year of intake.
One-year master programmes
- Master of Human Settlements – Deadline for applications: 1 February 2022
- Master of Development Evaluation and Management – Deadline for applications: 1 February 2022
- Master of Governance and Development – Deadline for applications: 1 February 2022
- Master of Globalization and Development – Deadline for applications: 1 February 2022
- Master of Cultural Anthropology and Development Studies – Deadline for applications: 1 February 2022
- Master of Science in Food Technology – Deadline for applications: 1 February 2022
- Master of Science in Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management – Deadline for applications: 1 February 2022
- Master of Aquaculture (IMAQUA) – Deadline for applications: 1 March 2022
- Master of Epidemiology – Deadline for applications: 28th Feb 2022
- Master of Agro-and Environmental Nematology – Deadline 1st Feb 2022!
- Master of Rural Development – Deadline online application: 21 February 2022– deadline hard copies: 28 Feb 2022
- Master of Statistics – Deadline for applications: 1 February 2022
- Master of Water Resources Engineering – Deadline for applications: 1 February 2022
- Master of Sustainable Development – Deadline for applications: 1 February 2022
- VLIR-UOS scholarships cover tuition fees, travel, insurance and living expenses (board and lodging).
- VLIR-UOS only offer scholarships for the full duration of the Master’s programme (12/24 months). It is not possible to apply for a partial scholarship.
Scholarship costs may change in line with government funding decisions. Detailed figures for academic year 2022-2023 are not yet available. Keep an eye on our website for updates.
How to Apply
- Confirm your eligibility based on all given criteria.
- Take a look at the selected Master’s programmes (15).
- Learn more about the Master’s programmes on their respective websites
- If you are interested in a specific programme, go to the website of the university organising this and follow the instructions.
- On the university website, apply for admission to the programme as well as for the scholarship itself. When you apply for the programme, be sure to mention whether you wish to apply for a scholarship. Do not apply for more than one Master’s programme per year.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the VLIR-UOS Scholarships for master Programmes (ICP Connect) 2022/2023