Application Deadline: March 28, 2016
DREAMS is seeking innovative solutions to further DREAMS’ commitment to reduce HIV infections by infusing new thinking and high-impact approaches to meet the urgent, complex needs of adolescent girls and young women in 10 sub-Saharan African countries. DREAMS will award a total of up to $85 million for innovations that help girls in the DREAMS countries develop into Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, Mentored, and Safe women.
Challenge Focus Areas
Applications are invited for creative ideas that apply to six focus areas not already being implemented through the DREAMS Core Package.
- Strengthening Capacity
- Keeping Girls in Secondary School
- Linking Men to Services
- Supporting Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis
- Providing a Bridge to Employment
- Applying Data to Increase Impact
DREAMS are looking for ideas that are ready for rapid implementation in one or more of the 10 DREAMS Countries to show impact and sustainable results quickly.
Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia & Zimbabwe
DREAMS encourages applications from most types of organizations – including for-profit, non-profit, academic organizations, and multilateral organizations. Applicants may submit approaches that apply to just one of the Challenge Focus Areas or that cut across numerous issues. Written submissions must be completed in full to be considered eligible for review. Submissions will only be accepted in English; any other language will be considered ineligible.
The Challenge greatly encourages applications from organizations that have not previously received U.S. government funding, either directly or indirectly, and/or are based in one or more of the 10 DREAMS countries.
How to Apply:
Stage 1: Expression Of Interest
Applicants will use the Challenge Application Portal to submit Expressions of Interest (EOIs) providing a concise summary of their innovative approach. Unless explicitly approved by DREAMS, all EOIs must be submitted through the Challenge Application Portal by March 28, 2016 at 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Key information required in the EOI includes:
- Organization name, address, and point of contact
- Primary and secondary, if applicable, Challenge Focus Areas
- DREAMS focus countries and districts
- Project description, including implementation approach, intended impacts, and sustainability plan
- Description of key monitoring and evaluation indicators
- Description of the innovative nature of the approach
- Description of delivery team, including partner organizations, if applicable
- Annual revenue/income for the last three years (in US dollars)
- Estimated budget with supporting narrative
Stage 2: Application
All applicants are expected be informed of their selection status in May 2016. Applicants whose EOIs are selected as finalists will be invited to submit an Application. Applications will require finalists to elaborate on information provided in the EOI and respond to additional questions to enable a detailed evaluation of the solution.
For More Information: