Application Deadline: May 7th 2019
AIM is accepting applications to participate in a conference on the theme of “The Future of Science,” which will be hosted by African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) and take place on 7-9 July 2019 at the AIMS campus in Kigali, Rwanda.
The idea of this conference is to bring together top researchers from around the world to interact with postgraduate students and young researchers from Africa in a very informal and interactive setting. The programme will include talks on selected promising areas of research at a non-specialist level that a post-Masters level student in the sciences or mathematics would be able to follow. Topics will include fundamental physics, cosmology, machine learning, and selected areas of applied and pure mathematics.
The present lineup of confirmed keynote speakers (whose biographies are on the Speakers page) includes:
- Alan Beardon (Pure Mathematics)
- Mouhamed Moustapha Fall (Pure Mathematics)
- Nir Friedmann (Mathematical Biology)
- Justin Jonas (Meerkat/Radio Astronomy)
- Nick Kaiser (Large Scale Structure of the Universe)
- Jonathan Mboyo Esole (Superstring Theory)
- Kavilan Moodley (Observational Cosmology)
- Gisèle Mophou Loudjom (Partial Differential Equations/Mathematical Modelling)
- Wilfred Ndifon (Mathematical Biology)
- Prince K Osei (Machine Learning)
- Ue-Li Pen (Observational Cosmology)
- Neil Turok (Quantum Cosmology)
There is no registration fee and meals will be provided. Limited financial support is available for accommodation and travel to Rwanda for young researchers from Africa. This will be distributed in part on the basis of academic record and likely benefit from the conference. We will be accepting applications in tranches and to receive full consideration please apply before 7 May 2019 to register your interest. Applications received thereafter will be considered if spaces are available.
For More Information: