Application Deadline: November 30, 2023 (23:59 PST).
Akademie Schloss Solitude supports young artists and scientists, as well as cultural professionals via residential fellowships.
- Artists and scientists can apply. The Solitude fellowship is a residential fellowship. Fellows are obliged to spend at least two thirds of their fellowships at the Akademie. All fellows must have their permanent residence in Stuttgart for the fellowship’s duration (obligation to register residence).
- Applications from students enrolled in degree programs will not be considered; PhD students may submit applications.
- Applications of artist groups are possible.
- Knowledge of either German and/or English and/or French is a prerequisite for application.
- Double applications to the Kunststiftung Baden-Württemberg gGmbH (Arts Foundation Baden-Württemberg) and the AkademieSchloss Solitude are not permitted.
- Applicants whose applications are refused during a specific selection procedure may send in applications during two other rounds (maximum).
- Application rounds for Solitude fellowships are held every two years. The jury awards a maximum of 65 fellows. 42 live/work studios and three guest studios are available.
- Scholarships are usually awarded for a period of six, nine or twelve months.
The fellowship includes the following benefits:
- A free, furnished living/working studio including electricity, water and heating,
- A monthly fellowship grant of € 1,200,
- Travel expenses for arrival and departure (on a one-time basis).
The Akademie also offers optional additional benefits which are adjustable in accordance with the current budget situation:
- Transport expenses subsidy for the carriage of materials, tools, instruments and books to Stuttgart and from Stuttgart to the fellow’s home town,
- Project funding and one-off materials subsidy,
- Health insurance in the case of non-EU fellowship candidates.
- New jurors are appointed every 24 months.
- The international first-rate jury guarantees that the chosen fellows are of a high artistic and scientific level.
- The jurors base their decisions on the qualitative aspects of work samples submitted by the applicants.
- There is no legal entitlement to the allocation of a fellowship. The applicant will be informed of the jury’s decision in writing, but no reasons will be given. Individuals embarking on fellowships receive a foundation contract and a set of house rules. Fellowships are deemed legally effective after the foundation contract has been signed.
For More Information: