Application Deadline Extended: July 15th 2016
The Social Innovators Programme (SIP) supports youth between 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria.
Selected Fellows get a chance to join IYF’s global YouthActionNet® community of over 1,100 young social innovators being supported by 21 national and regional institutes like the Social Innovators Programme (SIP) in 21 countries, across 5 continents.
The Fellowship connects outstanding change agents to training, funding, and professional network support required to strengthen their existing initiatives and enhance their impact and sustainability.
Intending applicants must meet the following entry requirement to be considered for the SIP Fellowship:
- Applicants must be Nigerians resident in Nigeria
- Applicants must be between ages 18 – 35 years
- Applicants must be Initiators/ Cofounders of the named project/venture/enterprise/ Foundation
- Social enterprise must be creative, innovative & replicable
- Social enterprise must be contributing positively to impact local communities and lives of Nigerians in different sectors (E.g Health, Agriculture, Education, ICT etc.)
- Applicants must be Able to show proof of work done and impact beyond 12 months prior to date of application for the awards. (Initiative must be a minimum of two year in existence)
- Applicants must establish commitment to sustaining the initiative beyond Fellowship year
The Social Innovators Programme is managed by LEAP Africa, with partnership support from the International Youth Foundation YouthActionNet® programme.
Apply Now for the LEAP Africa’s Social Innovators Programme 2016/2017
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Social Innovators Programme 2016/2017
Very good and interesting post
[…] LEAP’s Social Innovators Programme (SIP) supports creative young Nigerians (Ages 18 – 35) with ideas and initiatives that proffer effective solutions to identified challenges in local communities across the country. These social innovators are highly innovative young Nigerians who are championing social enterprises and improving the lives of community members across Nigeria. Their initiatives range from inventing of safe water recycling machines, Use of ICT to curb maternal mortality, Innovative use of technology to improve food storage for rural farmers and rural economic empowerment through waste recycling among others. […]
[…] social innovators programme(SIP): supports creative young Nigerians (Ages 18 – 35) with ideas and initiatives that proffer effective […]