Application Deadline: 30th April 2018
The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Sub-Saharan Africa Fellowships aims to promote
and encourage young African women in science. This program identifies and rewards talented
young female scientists in the field of Life Sciences (such as biology, biochemistry, biophysics,
genetics, physiology, neurosciences, biotechnologies, ecology and ethology) as well as Physical
Sciences (such as physics, chemistry, petroleum engineering, mathematics, engineering
sciences, information sciences, and earth and universe sciences).
The Program honors every year, 14 talented African women for the quality of their research and encourages them to pursue a brilliant career in science in any Sub-Saharan African country
– 12 Fellowships of € 5,000 each, will be granted to 12 African Ph.D. Students enrolled in
an African University.
– 2 Fellowships of € 10,000 each, will be granted to 2 African postdoctoral researchers
working in a laboratory or research institute registered in one of the region’s countries.
2 out of the 14 Fellowships, one at doctorate and one at post-doctorate level, will be given to South African women working or studying in South Africa.
The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Sub-Saharan Africa Fellowships are granted by the L’Oréal Foundation and L’Oréal South Africa in partnership with the UNESCO Multi-Sectoral Office in Eastern Africa.
- Having obtained Ph.D. degree in Life or Physical Sciences or pursuing studies leading to a Ph.D. degree
- Having the nationality of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Working in a Research Laboratory or Institution in one of the region’s countries or being enrolled in a doctoral programme at a University in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Candidates must be no more than 40 years old by the end of the application period for PhD and not more than 45 years for Post-doctoral
Top 3 selection criteria :
- The candidate’s outstanding academic records (including number, quality and impact of the publications (impact factors to be submitted), conference presentations, patents…)
- The scientific quality of the research project
- The innovative nature and productivity of the research and its potential application in science
- Applications can be only made through the online platform www.forwomeninscience.com by the candidates themselves. An application is considered complete only if it includes all documents below:
For More Information: