Application Deadline: 4pm PST, Friday, November 24, 2017
The UBC Faculty of Forestry’s Future Forests Fellowship aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies.
$70,000 CAD annually for up to four years. The fellowship is intended to cover all expenses incurred in the preparation and conduct of research
The fellowship recipient will enroll in the PhD program and conduct research focused in British Columbia in one of the following areas:
Forest Products Biotechnology – Bioenergy – Forest Genomics – Climate Change – Urban Forestry – Forest Management – Conservation – Forested Landscapes – Salmon Ecology – Forest Health – Forests and Indigenous Peoples – Forests and Human Health
- FFF applicants must have a minimum A+ standing in each of their last two years of full-time study. GPA is calculated using all courses taken in a given year. For example at UBC, A+ standing is 90% and higher. At other universities, A+ standing is determined from marking keys that accompany transcripts
Both domestic and international students are eligible to apply.
• Applicants must be seeking financial support for their first doctoral degree.
• Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements for admission to full time doctoral studies at UBC Forestry and intend to register beginning September 2018 (a completed application to the Forestry PhD program September 2018 intake is part of the documentation required for applying to the Future Forests Fellowship).
• To receive funding, the successful recipient of the Future Forests Fellowship must:
– remain enrolled as a full-time student in the UBC Forestry doctoral program and demonstrate
continued satisfactory progress documented through annual progress reports;
– not hold any other awards from the Canadian government or the University of British Columbia at the same time as the Future Forests Fellowship.
- The FFF application and list of supporting documents required will be made available starting August 1, 2017.
- In order to be considered for the Fellowship, a complete PhD program application (September 2018 intake) must also be submitted.
- The FFF and PhD applications, plus all required supporting documentation, must be submitted by 4pm PST, Friday, November 24, 2017.
- The award recipient announcement will be made in January 2018.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the UBC Faculty of Forestry’s Future Forests Fellowship 2017