Application Deadline:July 7th 2017
aKoma is now accepting applications for Amplify II, the second cohort of the Fellowship for Content Creators and Storytellers in Africa. The application process will run from May 26th through July 7th 2017.
- Akoma are looking for originals, applicants cut from that unique creative ilk that defines an amazing creative. Akoma are not looking for ordinary people. Instead Aroma want content creators and storytellers that are non-conformists who are laser focused on making the authentic yet fantastic stories that Africa deserves, stories that the world will use as the lenses with which the real Africa is viewed.
- Akoma are looking for photographers, videographers, writers, animators, graphic artists, storytellers. Aroma are looking for those young, hungry creatives that are ready to take their creative aspirations to the next level
- Amplify applicants should be open to challenging defaults, demonstrate resilience, and embody a multitude of viewpoints. Fellow characteristics we like include rigor, ownership, vision, grit, curiosity and teamwork. In addition to tangible evidence of progress in their craft, every potential Amplify should be able to show their passion for their country and Africa
- Applicants should reside or be available in one of these locations:
Applicants must commit to 8-10 hours every week to participate in Amplify activities. No exceptions will be made. Please do not apply if you can’t make this commitment
Be able to show samples of your work, and have a visible presence on social media that displays your work on the web
The Selection Process
The Amplify II Fellows will be selected by the aKoma crew. We select Fellows based on their creative pursuits so far, content creation aspirations, alignment with Amplify’s vision, and other factors. We are interested in the possible range and impact of the potential Fellow’s work, the diversity of their creative work, and the ability to take full advantage of the opportunities presented by Amplify
There will be two rounds:
- The first round will run through July 7th
- A final round will run from the 7th to the 14th of July, when we will announce the Amplify II Fellowship recipients