Application Deadline: June 15th 2017
The Wits School of Law and International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) (Erasmus University Rotterdam) invites applications from prospective PhD applicants on a range of topics in international law, society and development such as:
- Critical, development-oriented aspects of trade and investment
- Socio-economic deprivation
- Human rights and humanitarian law
- Health and the environment
The ISS-Wits joint programme forms part of the ISS research group on Governance, Globalisation and Social Justice (GGSJ). Research performed by members of the group explores how and to what extent particular governance arrangements help or hinder the achievement of goals of social justice.
Applicants must be at entry-level for a PhD with an average of at least 70% in a Master’s degree within a relevant area.
Applicants who are successfully admitted to the programme will be waived of tuition fees from both ISS and Wits.
- Various scholarships may be available depending on the nationality of the candidate. For more information, please visit: www.iss.nl/education/phd_programme/funding/.
- In addition, individual candidates may be eligible for a limited scholarship from the joint programme to cover the tuition, living and travel expenses.
Interested applicants may apply for entry into the ISS-Wits Joint PhD Programme by emailing the following to Ms Raquel McBride (Raquel.McBride@wits.ac.za):
- An expression of interest that outlines the gist of the PhD study that you wish to undertake (approximately five pages in length excluding your preliminary bibliography);
- Academic transcript; and
- Curriculum Vitae.
Closing date: 15 June 2017. Successful applicants will be notified by 30 June 2017.
Deeksha Bhana (Wits) at Deeksha.Bhana@wits.ac.za
Jeff Handmaker (ISS) at email@example.com
For More Information: