Application Deadline:12 October 2015
The HIV Research Trust scholarships are awarded each year in open competition. The scholarships are provided to physicians, nurses, scientists and other health care professionals, in particular those who are in the early to mid-stage of their career (for example, undertaking a PhD; a first or second post doc position; or other professionals in an early phase of their research career), working in resource-poor settings from low-income and lower-middle-income countries.
The scholarships enable the individual to travel to other centres to acquire skills necessary to conduct their research more effectively when they return to their home institution.
All areas of research related to HIV are supported including laboratory methods, epidemiology, clinical and therapeutic research and research into psychological, social, nursing and other aspects of daily care of patients.
The scholarships are for health care professionals in early/mid-career who are located in resource-limited settings from low-income and lower-middle-income countries working in the field of HIV infection. Read more to see if you are eligible.
- The scholarships provide support for travel, living expenses including accommodation, and may provide support for laboratory expenses at the institution to be visited.
- The preference is for applicants to receive training in recognised centres in other resource-poor countries but travel to other areas is not excluded.
- The usual period of support is 2-6 months but exceptionally support for one year may be given.
- The maximum sum awarded is £8,000 or equivalent value.
Timelines for scholarships to commerce in 2016 are:
- Online application now open
- Applications close 12 October 2015
- Successful scholars advised January 2016
FOR MORE INFORMATION: