Application Deadline: 6PM Dubai time on 1 January 2020.
Alserkal Residency is a platform for artistic and discursive exchange, seeking to support cultural practitioners as they realise projects pertinent to their respective practices. The programme is designed to be immersive and engage the local interdisciplinary community through a series of public events and conversations.
The Alserkal Residency Summer programme will run from 1 June 2020 – 1 August 2020. Proposals are reviewed competitively by our Selection Committee.
The Alserkal Residency Summer Cycle is open
to artists, writers, architects, curators and researchers who are
currently citizens and/or permanent residents of the MEASA* region
(Middle East, Africa, and South Asia).
*Middle East candidates must be citizens and/or permanent residents of the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Turkey.
Africa candidates must be citizens and/or permanent residents of the countries of the continent of Africa.
South Asia candidates must be citizens and/or permanent residents of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and/or Sri Lanka.
Residency resources include:
- Return flights from the resident’s home city to Dubai
- Single-room accommodation, in a shared space with up to three other residents
- Monthly living stipend
- Research stipend
- Programming stipend
- 24-hour access to an individual studio at Alserkal Residency
- Support from Alserkal Residency team
- Introductions and critiques with international and local art professionals, who are part of Alserkal Avenue’s network of peers
The open call will close at 6PM Dubai time on 1 January 2020.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the