Application Deadline: December 15th, 2018 at 11:59 PST.
The American Middle Eastern Network for Dialogue (AMENDS)’s mission is to create a platform for promising youth leaders whose work impacts the Middle East, North Africa and United States to share and grow their initiatives. During the conference, we provide delegates opportunities to develop key skills, network and collaborate with established leaders, experts, and fellow changemakers, and share the story of their initiatives with a wider audience after receiving coaching and editing support.
Delegates are selected based on the level of their dedication to promoting change in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and/or in U.S.- MENA relations and the potential for their initiative to have an strong impact. AMENDS will also heavily consider the past experiences and backgrounds of each delegate that will enable him/her to contribute a unique perspective to the conference, in order to ensure a rich, diverse group of delegates.
This year, the annual summit will be held over five days towards the end of June 2019. Please consider your availability when applying, but if you are unavailable for a portion of the time do not hesitate to apply.
- be 18 – 28 years old.
- be proficient in English.
- have innovative ideas and well thought-out initiatives that could effect positive change in the world.
- have initiatives addressing political, social, or economic issues affecting the Middle East.
- demonstrate the potential to enrich American-Middle Eastern affairs.
Accepted delegates will:
- Present a 6-7 minute recorded talk about their initiative at the AMENDS conference. Hosted on our Youtube channel, these talks have been viewed by over 200,000 people.
- Attend skill-building workshops on topics such as: design thinking, crowdfunding, and leadership development.
- Attend a networking dinner.
- Receive financial and logistical assistance with flights and visas to and from the 2019 AMENDS conference. Accommodations and food will be provided.
- Join and take leadership in the AMEND Fellows Network, a self-sustaining network of 160+ former delegates. For the past 3 years, a separate reunion conference has been held annually for Fellows.
For More Information: