Application Deadline: December 2015
- Do you have a passion for technology?
- Do you dream of changing the world with software?
- Do you have a passion for improving the lives of your fellow citizens?
- Of helping to improve the lives of all Africans?
Consider applying to the Andela Fellowship, a 4-year, paid opportunity to master the craft of professional software development while working for leading technology companies around the globe. Graduates are expected to be tomorrow’s most successful leaders both on the continent and around the world.
- Applicants that make it through our screening process are invited to participate in a free, two-week-long Boot Camp led by senior developers hailing from some of the world’s top engineering schools.
Andela is a new kind of academic experience. It is somewhat like a university, except instead of paying tuition, you earn a healthy income and benefits. Once you are done with basic training and ready to advance, usually within 6 months, Andela will place you as a remote member of a team with one of our partner companies around the globe.
You will get to apply your new knowledge to real work while Andela provides you with ongoing professional development and coaching to ensure that you evolve with the industry and graduate with maximum potential for long-term success.
Bootcamp is a free two-week-long training where you will gain valuable programming skills. When it is over, the highest-performing participants will receive job offers to join Andela full-time as Andela Fellows.
The Andela Fellowship begins with an intensive paid three-month-long immersion training program where you will receive 1000 hours of highly valuable software development training. After three months of training, you will work on practice projects in collaboration with other fellows in the program, to enhance your teamwork and problem-solving skills. Within 6 months, you will gain sufficient confidence to be placed as a remote Junior Developer on project teams at top technology companies around the world.