Application Deadline: 31st March, 2017
The Anu and Naveen Jain Women’s Safety XPRIZE will award $1,000,000 to the most accurate and most usable technology solution which is able to: –
- Trigger location-accurate alerts in emergency situations even in low-connectivity scenarios
- Transmit alerts to a network of responders, and rapidly provide a response to the user within 90 seconds that help is on its way
- Exhibit a novel approach to building or combining existing and/or emerging technologies to better connect users and responders under $40 per year
The Women’s Safety XPRIZE assumes three User Scenarios in which the proposed solution must prove effective.
- Scenario 1: User is located on the fourth floor of a corporate office environment with access to high connectivity to Wi-Fi and mobile networks; user’s arms are physically restrained.
- Scenario 2: User is located in a moving vehicle with access to intermittent Wi-Fi and mobile network connectivity, to operate a mobile phone
- Scenario 3: User is located in a room with no Wi-Fi connectivity and low mobile network strength, and has access to a smart phone.
- XPRIZE believes that solutions can come from anyone, anywhere. Scientists, engineers, academics, entrepreneurs and innovators with new ideas from all over the world are invited to form a team and register to compete.
- To participate, a team may need to recruit additional experts and can add new members at any time throughout the competition.
- Competing teams will own the Intellectual Property of their submissions.
The one million dollars ($1,000,000) Grand Prize will be awarded to the winning Team in June, 2018.
There will be two sequential rounds of the Competition.
- Round 1: Detailed Design Evaluation
- Round 2: Deployment-Ready Prototype& Usability Testing
After Round 1 up to twenty-five qualifying Teams, as determined by the Judging Panel, will be eligible to compete in Round 2.
For More Information: