Application Deadline: JANUARY 15, 2015
The 2015 G(irls)20 Summit will be held in Istanbul, Turkey. While exact dates have not yet been set, we anticipate that the 6th Summit will take place late September/early October.
Five Summits have taken place : Toronto, 2010; Paris, 2011; Mexico City, 2012; Moscow, 2013 and Sydney, Australia (2014).. Each Summit produces a communique which is presented to the G20 Leaders, Ministers of Industry, Health, Innovation, Economic Development and Foreign Affairs and Ambassadors. Each Summit also results in the development of community based initiatives led by the delegates.
You are invited to apply if you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- female, 18-23 years of age (at the time of the Summit);
- live and hold citizenship in one of the G20 member countries plus the Afghanistan, African Union, Azerbaijan*, the European Union, Pakistan, MENA region, Spain* or Singapore*. (These represent the members of the G20 plus countries invited by the Government of Turkey)
- have an interest in the economic advancement of girls and women;
- can commit to launching a post Summit initiative/project in your own community;
- have parental or guardian permission to travel to Turkey and to fully participate in the summit for the duration of the Summit. This may require absence from school;
- consent to appear in any and all media; and,
- can obtain valid visa and passport for travel by March 31, 2015.
Please note that it will be the responsibility of the delegate to arrange her own ground transportation to and from her home and the airport as well as passport and visas (some countries will require a visa).
Upon being chosen, delegates will be required to participate before Summit training (media & leadership assessment), connect with the G(irls)20 alumni and complete a reading package to be familiar with the G20 process and issues and G(irls)20 partners.
While in Turkey, delegates will attend skills building training sessions, hear from a global panel of experts and work toward a set of recommendations for G20 Leaders.
The following will be provided to all G(irls)20 Summit Delegates:
- Summit learning materials and supplies;
- Return economy air travel arrangements, from the closest international airport to the delegate’s home to Istanbul;
- Accommodations while in Turkey (in transit accommodations to be covered by the delegate);
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments each day;
- All ground transportation while in Turkey.
LANGUAGE: English language proficiency, both verbal and written, is required. The Summit will be conducted in English and Turkish. All final delegates will have a phone interview in which their language skills will be evaluated.
- Deadline for applications JANUARY 15, 2015
- Applications will be reviewed by G(irls)20 Global Advisory, partners and volunteers
- Two finalists from each country will be selected by the end of FEBRUARY and phone interviews will be held shortly thereafter
- G(irls)20 2015 Final Delegates will be announced MARCH 6, 2015.
- Completed Application Form
- Completed Reference Form
- Signed Expectation Form
- YouTube Submission (If you do not have the means to submit a video please let us know and this will be taken into consideration).
- Personal Biography, 250 words maximum (if selected, this may be used on our website)
- Head & shoulders photograph (if selected this may be used on our website)
- Scan of Passport (if possible at the time of application, if not, proof of age)
PLEASE SAVE YOUR APPLICATION & SUBMIT ALL DOCUMENTS/VIDEOS/DOCUMENTATION AT THE SAME TIME:
- 2015PASSPORT_YOURFIRST&LASTNAME (if you do not have a passport please scan a government document to show proof of age)
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE EMAILED TO i[email protected]
Step one: Review (and if you apply, sign) the Delegate Expectation Form Expectations_2015Delegates
Step two: Apply – please use the PDF version if possible.
Application_G(irls)20Summit2015Turkey (PDF version)
Application_G(irls)20Summit2015Turkey (Word version – only to be used if you cannot access the PDF version)
For More Information: