The summer 2015 Global News Internship is a paid, highly selective, 12-week individually tailored training program for students who are aspiring cross-format journalists. Interns must have experience and/or training in video and one other format. They will contribute to AP’s text, video, photo and interactive reporting.
The internship is open to U.S. and international students as well as recent graduates. Applicants must be:
- current full-time students within two years of earning an undergraduate degree (juniors and seniors) or
- current full-time graduate students or
- students who will graduate December 2014 or later.
How many people are in the program?
As many as 20 interns will be selected.
Where are the internships located?
U.S. internships are available in Chicago; Los Angeles; Miami; New York; Philadelphia; Phoenix; Raleigh, North Carolina; Sacramento, California and Washington, D.C. International locations are Bangkok; Berlin; Johannesburg; London; Mexico City; New Delhi; Paris; Rio de Janeiro; Seoul and Tokyo.
What are the highlights of the program?
When does the program start?
You must be able to start the internship in June 2015.
- A 300-word autobiographical essay on this topic: “The Associated Press seeks to recruit and retain a workforce that embodies a wide range of talents, experiences, achievements and journalistic skills. Please describe the qualities and accomplishments you would bring to the company as an intern.”
- A resume and cover letter (please include your projected graduation date).
- Three to five examples of your work (links to a website of your clips, video, photos and multimedia work are preferred).
- A letter of reference from a previous internship or former employer.