Application Deadline: October 2nd 2016
Do you have an interest in student governance issues in the Commonwealth? Are you an experienced and passionate communicator?
Join the Communications Subcommittee of the Commonwealth Students Association, and be part of the leading Commonwealth youth network working to protect the rights of students across the Commonwealth.
The Committee derives its authority and mandate from the CSA Constitution that was ratified at the inaugural CSA Congress that was held in Nassau, Bahamas 2015.
Fully constituted, the Committee taking office on 10 October, 2016 shall consist of:
- Chair of the Committee (Appointed by the CSA Vice Chairperson – Advocacy and Partnerships)
- Social Media Coordinator – 2 positions
- Editor – 2 positions
- Campaign Coordinator – 2 positions
- Graphic designer – 2 positions
- Website Manager – 1 position
It shall also incorporate the following persons on ex-officio basis:
- CSA Vice Chairperson – Advocacy and Partnerships
- CSA focal point from Commonwealth Secretariat
- Overall Terms of Reference
The following document refers to the Terms of Reference of the CSA Advocacy and partnerships’ Committee;
- Plan, design, develop and manage all aspects of External Communication for the CSA.
- Develop a communication strategy and plan in line with the CSA Strategic Plan.
- Work in close coordination with the CSA Steering Committee and the Commonwealth Secretariat to deliver the communication strategy and plan.
- Respond to communication requests in a timely manner.
- Drive CSA’s communication for better advocacy to address student/education related issues.
- Use effective communications to raise the profile and awareness about CSA and its work in member countries.
- Represent CSA at National, Regional and International meetings/forum when requested.
- To assume any other functions as determined by the CSA Steering Committee.
The Communications Committee member must be experienced Student Leaders with excellent technical skills applicable to the respective position.
- Social Media Coordinator – Sound experience in managing social media platforms
- Editor – Excellent written skills
- Campaign Coordinator – Sound experience in managing successful campaigns
- Graphic designer – Excellent graphic designing skills
- Website Manager – Excellent content and website management skills
Duration of Office
The CSA Communications Committee shall assume office on 10 October, 2016, and shall work on probation for the first 6 months. Its official mandate shall run until the end of the next Commonwealth Students Forum scheduled on the sidelines of the 20th Conference of Education Ministers (20 CCEM) to be held in Fiji 2018.
Members are to meet virtually at least once every month.
How to apply
Send the below documents in one email with the subject line – CSA Communications Committee:
1. Cover letter stating which position you intend to fill (please refer to the Terms of Reference). If you are applying for multiple positions, please indicate this in the cover letter.
2. Copy of your CV (not more than 2 pages)
3. Evidence of your work to support your application (a minimum of 3 and maximum of 5 related pieces/designs/links, etc.). If these include multiple links, please insert them into one document.
4. Confirmation of your studentship. A letter from your university or other academic/vocational institution will suffice.
Please send your applications to [email protected] before the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for applications is 2 October 2016 at 23:59 London Time (GMT+1).
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Commonwealth Students Association Communications Subcommittee