Deadline for Applications: September 2, 2016
Winter Session: January 16-April 7, 2017
Spring Session: April 24-July 21, 2017
Fall Session: September 11-December 8, 2017
The Arthouse Foundation is an artist residency programme that takes place in the city of Lagos, Nigeria. With a newly renovated building in the heart of Ikoyi, the Arthouse Foundation offers residencies for two artists simultaneously throughout the year in three-month sessions. The Arthouse Foundation is a newly created non-profit initiative of Arthouse Contemporary, West Africa’s leading auction house of modern and contemporary art.
This call for applications is open to local and international visual artists and curators who wish to engage a new artistic project within the city of Lagos. The Arthouse Foundation provides artists live/work space and logistical support for the creation of a new artistic project, along with an intensive public programme and a final exhibition. Two artists per session will be chosen as artists-in-residence within the Arthouse Foundation’s building in Ikoyi.
The Arthouse Foundation Residency Programme includes:
- Accomodation at Arthouse Foundation in the Ikoyi neighborhood of Lagos, with a live/work studio, work terraces, common living room and kitchen
- Monthly living stipend (N50,000) with monthly Internet, Television, and Cleaner included
- Production Allowance (N100,000) towards the cost of materials for the duration of the residency period
- Artist Mentorship for the duration of the residency period
- Participation in Public Programmes, including artist talk, open studios, and workshop
- End of Year Exhibition featuring all resident artists
Please note: Artists are responsible for travel and visa costs. Arthouse Foundation will provide a letter of invitation for a visa for international applicants. Artist residents will donate one work of art created during the residency period to the Arthouse Foundation.
For further information, please contact Joseph Gergel by email at [email protected]
For More Information: