Application Deadline: March 30th 2015
The scholarship is designed to increase the recipient’s capacity to advance anaesthesia
and/or pain medicine for the benefit of his or her community. The scholarship will provide
an opportunity for the recipient to improve knowledge, skills and attributes across the following roles:
• Medical expert in anaesthesia and/or pain medicine
• Communicator and collaborator
• Health advocate
• Scholar and teacher
The scholarship is intended to allow the recipient to join the staff of a major hospital or
rotation in Australia or New Zealand for a period of up to one year. This may be adapted to the requirements of the individual recipient.
The recipient will be expected to attend the New Fellows’ Conference and the Annual Scientific Meeting of the College and/or Faculty of Pain Medicine, in addition to undertaking other relevant activities (for example, Effective Management of Anaesthetic Crises, regional continuing medical education meetings)
Applicants are required to satisfy the following criteria:
1. A graduate of his or her country’s specialty training program to local fellowship or masters level.
2. Aged between 25 and 40 years.
3. Citizenship of a developing country.
4. Must not have residency status in Australia or New Zealand.
5. Meets the relevant Australian and New Zealand government immigration requirements.
6. Meets the eligibility criteria imposed by the government of his or her country of citizenship.
7. Adequate knowledge of the English language at a professional level and have satisfied
Australian or New Zealand medical registration requirements (for example, IELTS).
8. Capacity to become a leader in anaesthesia and/or pain medicine in his or her own country
9. Timely submission of a detailed application on the appropriate form, supported by sponsorship statements and contact details of referees.
10. Ability to commence the scholarship in the calendar year for which it is offered.
11. Must not hold another scholarship during the period of this scholarship.
Funding will cover:
• Return economy class airfare between home country and Australia or New Zealand. Assistance for family travel may be provided.
• Visa, medical insurance, registration, police check and other related expenses.
• A living allowance.
• Costs of attendance at approved educational activities
Applications must include all information requested and be received at ANZCA House,
630 St Kilda Road, Melbourne
3004, Victoria, Australia, by
Monday March 30 th, 2015.
No late applications will be considered
For More Information: