Application Deadline: January 31st 2021
This Internship offers you the opportunity to gain 1 year’s work experience and International Certifications in CompTIA Security + and Ethical Hacking upon successful examination.
Your duties will include:
- Developing, updating, and implementing security measures and controls. ·
- Performing assessments of the IT security/risk posture within the IT network and systems.
- Risks Assessments and Vulnerabilities assessment. ·
- Secure digital files and information systems, protecting them from unauthorized access or tampering.
- Provide technical support and monitor security access. · Perform regular internal and external security audits. ·
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM).
- Create, modify, and update IDS, IPS, and SIEM rules. · Analyze the source of security breaches.
- Recommend and implement security tools and anti-malware software.
- Determine, adapt, and maintain corporate security procedures and policies.
- Provide staff with security awareness training.
- Coordinate security measures with external contacts.
- Inform management of security vulnerabilities.
- Identify cybercrime perpetrators and liaise with the appropriate authorities if necessary.
- Recognize potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Maintain records of security monitoring and incident response activities.
- Report on findings and recommendations for corrective action.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Have successfully completed 3-year Degree/ Diploma in IT: Computer Science, Communication and Networks, Systems Support, Network Engineering, Network Support or other related fields
- Strong passion and interest in Cyber Security
- Familiarity with information security concepts and knowledge of the cyber threat landscape
- Currently unemployed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Currently not participating in any learnership/ internship
- Be under the age of 29 years
- Not be involved in any other studies for the period of the internships
- Persons with a disability must provide a medical certificate “” confirming the nature of the disability
- Only South African citizens in possession of a valid SA ID will be considered
- Clear ITC and no criminal record
For More Information: