Application Deadline: January 15th, 2016, Midnight (EST)
G(IRLS)20 is a unique global platform that economically empowers girls and women around the world.
The G(irls)20 Summit brings together one delegate from each G20 country, plus a representative from the European and African Unions, the MENA region, Afghanistan and Pakistan. In keeping with the G20 Turkey Presidency, a delegate from Azerbaijan, Singapore and Spain joined this year’s Summit.
While the G(irls)20 delegates discuss the same topics as the G20 Leaders, the participants are all girls, aged 18-23. There have been 6 Summits to date: Toronto, Canada (2010); Paris, France (2011); Mexico City, Mexico (2012); Moscow, Russia (2013); Sydney, Australia (2014).
The 2016 G(irls)20 Summit will be held in China next August. A delegate from each G20 country, as well as the African & European Union, Pakistan, Afghanistan & MENA region, will be selected to represent their country.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Female, between the ages of 18-23 (at the time of Summit);
- Lives in and holds citizenship in a G20 member country, Afghanistan, Pakistan, the African or European Unions, or the MENA region;
- Is proficient in the English language for all verbal and written communications;
- Has or can obtain a valid passport and visa for travel no later than April 31, 2016
- Has an interest in the economic advancement of girls and women;
- Will commit to launching a post-Summit initiative/project in her own community;
- Has parental or guardian permission to travel to China and to fully participate in the summit for the duration of the Summit (This may require absence from school); and,
- Will provide consent to appear in any and all media.
- Summit learning materials and supplies;
- Return economy air travel arrangements, from the closest international airport to the delegate’s home to China;
- Accommodations while in China (in transit accommodations to be covered by the delegate);
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments each day;
- All ground transportation while in China.
Please note: it will be the responsibility of the delegate to arrange her own ground transportation to and from her home and the airport, as well as passport and visas (some countries will require a visa).
- Deadline to submit complete applications: January 15th, 2016, Midnight (EST);
- Applications will be reviewed by the G(irls)20 Global Advisory & Partners;
- Two finalists from each country will be selected and contacted by mid February, 2016. Phone interviews will be held shortly thereafter (only those selected for an interview will be contacted); and,
- G(irls)20 2016 Final Delegates will be announced March 8th, 2016 on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to ensure successful completion, please download and save files to your computer before filling forms.
STEP 1: Review the Application Instructions Form.
STEP 2: Review and Sign the Delegate Commitment Form.
STEP 3: Complete the Delegate Application Form.
STEP 4: Reference Form to be completed by school official, NGO sponsor or community organization who has known the applicant for a minimum of 1 year. Relatives will not be considered
STEP 5: Compile all other required documents:
- Personal Biography, 250 words maximum. If selected, this may be used on our website.
- Head and shoulders photograph. If selected this may be used on our website.
- Video submission file (.mp4) as outlined in Application Form.
- Scan of Passport. If you do not have a passport at the time of application, submit a government document to show proof of age – birth certificate, national identity card, etc.
For More Information: