FEDERAL SCHOLARSHIP BOARD PLOT 245 SAMUEL ADEMULEGUN STREET,CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT, ABUJA BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA) SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award is for :
• Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
• Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
FIELDS OF STUDY
• Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
• Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
• UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2014 & 2015). Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
• POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
NOTE (For all Applicants):
• Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign languare of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
• All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: www.stipendumhungaricum.hu.
VENUE OF INTERVIEW:
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification.
Two sets of the Printed Completed application forms are usually submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
• Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
• One certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only; • Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC and forwarded to the Director/Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja;
• Two copies of Birth certificate
• State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
• Four (4) passport sized coloured photographs on white background;
• Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies. NB: Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
• Photocopies of Authenticated academic certificates;
• Data page of current International passport, and
• Specified Medical Reports & Police clearance certificate.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BEA PROCESSING DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!
For More Information: