Application Deadline: September 26, 2021
The Online Executive Training – Young Women Leadership on Climate Adaptation is a virtual educational and capacity-building program that fosters the leadership of African young women to induce and realize sustainable solutions that build resilience to the changing climate by fostering knowledge on climate adaptation , elevating leadership skills and connecting professional networks.
Hosted fully virtually on an exclusive online learning platform the part-time training program will spread over 20-weeks between October 2021 to March 2022.
The participants will experience a blended learning approach combining group live sessions on Zoom and self-learning tools such as videos, audio recordings, text resources, links, quizzes and assignments.
- Are you a woman between the ages 20-35?
- Do you have a Bachelor’s degree and/or higher?
- Are you a national of the Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria or Zimbabwe?
- Are you passionate about climate action and have basic knowledge of climate change?
- Are you involved in a climate adaptation project or aware of a challenge in your community?
- Do you have personal or professional leadership experience?
- Core Knowledge about Gender-Sensitive Climate Adaptation
- Leadership Capacity-Building
- Project Management Coaching
- Networking and Career Guidance
- To understand the global and local effects of climate change, know what climate adaptation is and how it is implemented in gender-sensitive ways.
- To develop an advanced skills set for confident and effective leadership.
- To gain the knowledge and confidence to effectively communicate about and advocate for climate adaptation.
- To know how to plan and propose gender-sensitive adaptation projects.
- To build confidence in pursuing a career in climate adaptation.
- You need to have a strong and reliable internet connection and proficient level of English
- Attend the webinar sessions regularly (90-120 minutes, 1-2 times a week; weekdays; afternoon) and be able to commit the equivalent of 2 days a month for the course duration
- Complete assignments on time and show active participation in the live sessions and peer-to-peer review tasks
- Newly or further develop a project that integrates climate adaptation and its gender-related implications
For More Information: