Application Deadline: October 29th, 2021
Applications for the Study UK Alumni Awards is now open! Raise your international profile, build your professional networks and business connections, and win a trip to the UK: just some of the benefits of winning a prestigious Alumni Award.
Enhancing success and widening networks
All selected award finalists benefit from increased PR and press opportunities that raise their profile and share their success with international audiences. Winners of the global awards will be celebrated on a global scale and invited to the UK for a networking and professional development opportunity.
Alumni must have studied:
- within the last 15 years (i.e. 2006 – 2021)
- enrolled at an officially recognised body or received a recognised award from a UK higher education institution
- at degree level* or above
- either at a UK university in the UK, for a minimum of one term or semester, OR awarded a full UK degree level qualification (or higher), awarded by a recognised UK HEI, outside the UK.
*Degree level is defined as band 9 and above on the UK NARIC band framework.
- Opportunities to connect with people of influence at award ceremonies, and afterwards: Alumni Award winners in India met the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the Queen’s birthday party celebrations in Delhi
- Press and PR opportunities and increased national/regional/global profile: Alumni Award winners have been featured in national newspapers of participating countries, for example the Jakarta Post in Indonesia, and the Daily Graphic in Ghana
- Professional contacts and connections
- Reconnecting with UK university and the UK
- Having a platform to be able to share experiences of UK education/career with others (particularly young people).
All eligible applications will be assessed on the extent to which they meet the following five criteria:
- IMPACT: evidence of tangible impact, and scale of impact, of your work (inspired by your UK education) in your profession/community/society.
- UK INFLUENCE: evidence of how your UK education has played a key influence in your success and impact.
- MEDIA TRACTION: Extent to which your success story is likely to resonate with local/regional/national media in your country of entry, or beyond (global media).
- POTENTIAL TO INFLUENCE AND INSPIRE: Extent to which (including capacity and willingness) you and your story are likely to influence and inspire the next generation of prospective internationally mobile students in your country of entry to choose the UK as their study destination.
- QUALITY OF APPLICATION
Application and Shortlisting Timeline
|1 September 2021||Applications open for all countries|
|29 October 2021||Applications close at 23.59 (GMT) for all countries except China, the deadline is 22 October|
|November-December 2021||Shortlisting of applications|
|Decemeber to January 2022||Announcement of finalists in national level awards (in selected countries – see full list in T&Cs)|
|January to March 2022||National Alumni Award ceremonies (in selected countries – see T&Cs)|
|March to August 2022||Global Alumni Awards finalists announced and celebrated via social media|
|September 2022||Global Alumni Awards winners announced|
For More Information: