Application Deadline: May 29th 2019
TED is hosting an ideas search event unlike any other. TED mission: to ensure we’re hearing big, bold ideas from every corner of the globe, with the goal of inviting a select group to join us and speak at the flagship TED conference in 2020.
The theme of TED2020 is UNCHARTED. The future is more uncertain than it’s ever been; we’re looking for people who will give us a clue as to where we’re heading — and how we’ll get there.
- Are you working on a novel invention, design or vision?
- Do you have a thoughtful approach to a universally shared frustration?
- Are you an explorer who’s discovered something strange and amazing?
If any of these questions resonate with you, or if you have any meaningful idea that you want to share, apply today! Public speaking experience is not required and there are no age restrictions. If you have an amazing idea, we want to hear it!
Idea selection process
This ideas search will be completely virtual, taking advantage of the TED World Theater, our unique and amazing way to use video streaming to bring people from around the world to one place.
Submit your idea and video. Round 1 submissions are due by May 29, 2019.
If selected for Round 2, you’ll be invited to a virtual event where you’ll talk more about your idea and participate in a Q&A with TED’s curators.
If selected for Round 3, you’ll deliver a short talk based on the idea you pitched in Round 2 at another virtual event. A smaller subset of Round 3 participants will join us for the 5-day conference and speak on the TED2020 stage in Vancouver (all expenses paid).
How to apply
- Prepare a one-minute summary of your idea.
- Then, film yourself delivering that one-minute summary. The video doesn’t need to be anything fancy — it can be filmed from a computer camera or a smartphone.
- Upload the film to Vimeo or YouTube using the instructions in the form below.
- Complete and submit the Round 1 form below. Submissions for Round 1 applications are due May 29, 2019.
For More Information: