Would international recognition and a $10,000 prize help your organisation make a bigger impact?
Apply today for the annual Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders awards.
Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders are the global awards for local peacebuilding. Awarded annually, they offer international recognition for grassroots peace activists in conflict-affected countries worldwide. These are inspiring individuals who are building a better tomorrow for their communities, in the world’s most fragile and needy places.
Peace Direct is a UK based charity that works with local people to stop violence and build sustainable peace in conflict affected countries around the world.
Entrants will need to show how they are making communities more peaceful, or breaking the cycle of violence. A jury of international peacebuilding experts will select the winning entries.
There is no geographical restriction on applications. In order to be eligible to enter, you must:
• Be undertaking peacebuilding work: your organisation will be either a peacebuilding organisation or have peacebuilding as a substantial element of your work.
• Be locally based: your organisation must be based in the country/communities where your work will be done. Your organisation should be an independent organisation, not an incountry or satellite organisation of an international NGO.
• Be working, or planning to work, in at least one of the following thematic areas: women-led
peacebuilding; youth peacebuilding; or interreligious peacebuilding.
There will be three winning entries. Each winning entry will receive:
• $10,000 prize funding for peacebuilding activities.
• Promotion of their work online, including on the Insight on Conflict and Peace Direct