Application Deadline: March 12th 2021
BMZ African German Leadership Academy Training and Dialogue programme for young professionals from African partner countries
Between 26 April and 7 May 2021, the German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwick-lungspolitik offers a two weeks innovative digital training and dialogue programme for up to 25 young professionals from Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Morocco, Senegal, Togo and Tunisia, who work in the area of sustainable development in government institutions, think tanks and research institutions, civil society and the private sector. The programme especially targets Germany’s reform partner countries in Africa, with which Germany cooperates in-depth regarding the structural conditions for economic
activity and job creation. The programme aims to provide leadership skills and knowledge needed for sustainable development, in accordance with the objectives of Africa’s Agenda 2063 and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The programme also offers networking opportunities with German and European stakeholders from various sectors and with representatives from African Institutions.
The Spring Academy 2021 takes place as a full-time digital programme. The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
- work for policy-relevant institutions, e.g. ministries or government agencies; research institutions or think tanks, business associations, civil society organizations or media outlets
- have a passion for sustainable development and global cooperation
- have a good command of English
- be between 25 and 40 years old
- have at least three years of work experience in a relevant field of sustainable development
- be sensitive to other cultures and open to digital team work
- have access to a laptop/computer and internet
- be available for a full-time schedule between 26 April and 07 May 2021
You are offered a two-weeks innovative digital
training, dialogue and networking programme
on leadership for sustainability. The programme
is organised and hosted by the German Devel-
opment Institute / Deutsches Institut für
Entwicklungspolitik and funded by the German
Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and
The programme addresses young professionals from African partner countries (Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Morocco, Senegal, Togo, Tunisia) who work for sustainable development in various sectors: government institutions, think tanks, research/academia, civil society and the private sector.
The Spring Academy takes place from 26 April to 7 May 2021 as a full-time online programme.
The Spring Academy facilitates direct engagements with German institutions. It will use a variety of tools, such as Zoom, MS Teams and Mural. As far as necessary, participants will be equipped with individual licenses for these tools.
- Please send an email with a brief (around 200 words) statement of your motivation, your CV, and the confirmation of your employer (see last page of this text) until 12 March 2021 to Malika Yunussova ([email protected]). Kindly indicate in your email how/through whom you learnt about the Spring Academy 2021. Selected candidates will be contacted directly via e-mail until latest 31 March 2021.
For More Information: