Application Deadline: 25 September 2015 at 11:59 PM East African Time
IPPF Africa Region and the African Union with support from the David and Lucile Packard Foundation are implementing a regional youth Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) project titled:‘Strengthening Coordination to increase access of Adolescents and Young people’ (SCAA & YP/ SRHR).
This project is aimed at coordinating interventions to increase the access of adolescents and young people to SRHR in the continent. The SCAA & YP/SRHR project is managed by a steering committee comprising key organizations working in the area of adolescent and youth SRHR in Africa.
Eligible Organisations must meet the following criteria:
- Regional youth-led or/and youth serving.
- Registered in at least one AU member state.
- Active, well represented and recognized as such by key stakeholders in the region they would like to represent.
- Youth and/or gender-focused or addressing marginalised communities Institution delegates to the YAB shall meet the following criteria:
- Citizens of an African country.
- 15–35 years of age as defined by the AU Youth Charter.
- Familiar with key issues affecting adolescents and young people’s development in his /her region, particularly in the area of SRHR.
- Must have good oral and written skills in English, French, or Portuguese.
- Fluency in other Africa Union languages will be an asset.
- Should have access to, and be reasonably proficient in internet and mobile communication technologies.
- Must be available and accessible for conference calls.
- Must be willing to travel when called upon.
- The project currently seeks 10 active youth-led and youth-serving organizations representing the five African regions of ( Eastern Africa; Western Africa; Central Africa;Southern Africa and Northern Africa) to join its first Youth Advisory Board (YAB).
- Youth in Diaspora may also be considered if their work is focussed on African Youth in the African continent.
- The board will work together with the programme’s steering committee and its partners to catalyse youth participation in the management and implementation of the program.
- The Youth Advisory Board members, who will serve for a period of 12 months; from 1 November 2015- 31 October 2016 will advise,assist, support and advocate for the programme, as well as facilitate direct youth engagement at local, national, regional andglobal levels. They will devote their creativity, skills and time to advance the SRHR agenda in the continent.
Each regional youth organization will be required to nominate one adolescent oryouth leader aged between 15-35 years.
This will be an individual who is committed to youth SRHR with demonstrated relevant knowledge and leadership skills, is passionate about the issues affecting the youth in the continent and is available to devote his or hertime to the SCAA & YP/ SRHR project over the indicated 12 months
Each application must include:A brief presentation of the applying youth-led organization detailing theorganization’s thematic and geographic working areas as well as registration in at least one AU member state (evidence the registration will be requested).A letter of recommendation from a credible SRHR Organization of your organizationwho can speak about your presence and active role in the region you would like to represent in advancing Adolescents and Young people SRHR agenda as well as your unique comparative advantage that you could bring to the program’s success.A letter of nomination of 1 delegate to represent your organization, supported by:– A short bio and a scanned copy of the nominated youth– A commitment letter from the nominee to volunteer their time and skills to theimplementation of the programs Send your SCAAP/ SRHR YAB
For More Information: