Application Deadline: 16th of October, 2016.
The SESEWA Job Shadowing Program affords young talents the opportunity to observe professionals in their career of choice for a brief period. This program helps young people especially career starters make crucial and well-informed career decisions. The shadows (beneficiaries) will have the rare opportunity of observing professionals in their field of career interest so that they will gain firsthand knowledge and guidance from those who know.
This year, we are making the program bigger for a greater level of impact. We have secured the partnership of the US Embassy to Nigeria to provide Job Shadowing opportunities for 300 young Nigerians. This will serve as a career leapfrog for the shadows who will be getting an unparalleled opportunity to observe professionals work as well get insight into how they work and what they did to become who they now are.
Applicants for the SESEWA Job Shadowing Program must be;
· Be between the ages of 16 and 28
· Either Secondary School Leavers (those awaiting admission into a tertiary institution),
Undergraduates or Fresh graduates (graduate of a tertiary institution awaiting NYSC,
currently serving or recently concluded NYSC)
· a resident of Lagos state, Nigeria
· Serious about gaining industry knowledge in chosen career field
Selected candidates will shadow professionals for a period of two weeks.
The program will have three batches comprising 100 shadows per batch. The three batches will run within the months of October and December 2016.
Recruitment: Application is opened and taken from September 19 and closes on October 10, 2016.
Screening: Applicants are screened and shortlisted.
Interview: All shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in order to capture in details their career
interest as well as a suitable field of profession for the purpose of the Shadowing program.
Training: All shortlisted and interviewed candidates will be taken through an Induction Training
for a week using the SESEWA Employability Training Curriculum which will prepare you both for the Shadowing exercise and for the 21st-century world of work post-shadowing. Candidates will also be top priority for SESEWA Internship programs.
Matching: All successful candidates will be matched with professionals (Shadowing Mentors) in their respective chosen fields of career interest.
· Obtain a reasonable perspective of a career field thereby easing career decision-making
· Explore needed job skills for chosen career
· Gain professional knowledge in order to gauge or estimate fit for a profession
· Make new connections/network
· Likely find a mentor/model
· Possibly transition into an intern
· Certificate of participation bearing the signage of SESEWA and the US Embassy
Location: Lagos. All applicants must reside in Lagos as the program will hold only within Lagos state.
For More Information: