Application Deadline: 2 August 2022 CET 13:00 (1 p.m.)
The World Forum for Democracy is a unique platform for political decision-makers and activists to debate solutions to key challenges for democracies worldwide. By identifying and analysing experimental initiatives and practices, the Forum highlights and encourages democracy innovations at the grassroots and their transfer on a systemic level in order to strengthen the foundations of democratic societies. The Forum thus contributes to the evolution of democracy towards more participatory and
inclusive structures and institutions.
The 2022 World Forum for Democracy, the tenth edition, will debate the issues and generate new ideas for tackling the democratic crisis we face today.
The theme of the 2022 edition of the World Forum for Democracy is “Democracy: A new hope?”
The core content of the Forum will consist of discussions about successful initiatives and actions, which have real-life initiatives as a starting point. General guiding principles will then be drawn to encourage and support future policy responses and field action. In this context, the Youth Department will invite 50-60 young people to participate and engage with decision-makers and opinion-formers in a reflection on the question of Democracy and Information.
In order to be selected and participate in the World Forum 2022, youth applicants should:
▪ Be aged 18-30 (exceptions can be made in special cases);
▪ Be able to communicate and work in English;
▪ Be actively involved in civil society democracy initiatives;
▪ Be motivated to contribute to developing new ideas on youth and democracy;
▪ Be ready to share own challenges faced in relation to democracy;
▪ Be ready to adopt a solution-oriented approach by bringing in new ideas and visions on the question of democracy;
▪ Be available to participate fully in the World Forum for Democracy and the preparation process beforehand (i.e. online preparation and onsite presence in Strasbourg arriving on the 4th November and departing on the 10th November).
The youth representatives will be chosen on the basis of these criteria and a video to be submitted. The Council of Europe welcomes applications from all candidates who fulfil the abovementioned profile, irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, colour, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
Travel expenses and visa costs will be reimbursed upon presentation of the relevant receipts, according to the rules of the Council of Europe. Only the participants who attend the entire event (pre-Forum meeting and World Forum) can be reimbursed. The payment will be made by bank transfer after the World Forum. Prepaid tickets for travel can only be arranged in exceptional and justified cases.
- Board and lodging are provided and paid for by the Council of Europe during the dates of the activity (arrival on Friday 4th November and departure on Thursday 10th November).
- Participants will be accommodated at the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg (EYCS).
- You might be requested to share a room.
- The EYCS is fully accessible to young people with disabilities and ready to adapt to young people’s special needs in order to ensure full inclusion and quality working conditions.
- Wi-Fi is provided in the rooms.
All candidates must apply in 2 parts:
- An online application form should be completed via this link: https://youthapplications.coe.int/Application-forms
- A short 1 minute video should be posted on YouTube, with the link attached to the online application form (see instructions below).
The application form must be submitted on-line before 2 August 2022 CET 13:00 (1 p.m.), together with a support letter from your NGO/sending organization if this is appropriate. In case of technical problems with the use of the platform, please send an e-mail to youthapplications[at]coe.int
For More Information: